Disregard fire outbreak claims – PRO, Korle Bu Teaching Hospital

0

The Public Relations Officer of Korle bu teaching hospital, Mustapha Salifu, has rebutted social media fraught on a supposed fire outbreak at the hospital’s maternity block.

Following a viral video which was circulated on Tuesday night April 6 2021, the management of the hospital says it is not true that the maternity block was gutted by fire.

Some nurses were seen in a video shared by one Maxwell Akpabli trying to evacuate some new born babies from the room said to be on fire.

The young man who is said to be behind the filming of the incidence alleged that the Fire Service though has been called, the personnel were yet to arrive at the scene. He added that viewers were asked to come to the aid of the staff and the babies if they were interested in helping.

However on a phone interview with the Public Relations officer of the hospital by GhNewz.Com, he revealed the claims were just mere exerggrations to create panic.

Mr. Salifu also explained that a switch of an air conditioning from the doctors restroom instead was emitting smoke, but the situation was quickly contained by the use of fire extinguisher.

He further explained that, “As a precautionary measure, some of the babies were moved to the other wing of the maternity ward” He said.

“We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury. Normal operations have resumed after assessment by the Ghana National Fire Service indicated that, there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff. We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism,” he added.

He however revealed that the last time a fire incident was recorded at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital was on November 30, 2020.

By Priscilla Awinbe Kusaah

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here