Accra Hearts of Oak SC have been referred to the GFA Disciplinary Committee for breaching the GFA Covid-19 Matchday protocols.
In a letter sent to the club, the GFA has informed Hearts of Oak that till the Disciplinary Committee determines their case, all home matches of the Club will be played behind closed doors.
The GFA has also decided that only Ten (10) Management Members of Accra Hearts of Oak SC will be allowed at the stadium and Ten (10) Management Members for Away clubs during matches at Accra sports Stadium.
Below are the decisions taken by the GFA on Accra Hearts of Oak:
1. The GFA condemns, without any reservations, the violations of the GFA Matchday Protocols that took place at the Accra Sports Stadium, despite the plans put in place.
2. That Accra Hearts of Oak SC, the home club, is immediately referred to the Disciplinary Committee concerning the breaches of the provisions of the approved GFA Matchday Protocols. The Disciplinary Committee has been tasked to sit on this matter expeditiously.
3. That until the case is fully determined, Accra Hearts of Oak SC shall play their Home matches behind Closed Doors at the Accra Sports Stadium.
4. That in playing behind Closed Doors at the Accra Sports Stadium, only Ten (10) Management Members of Accra Hearts of Oak SC will be allowed at the stadium and Ten (10) Management Members for Away clubs. Only Ten (10) media persons shall be allowed (to be accredited by the GFA).
Thirty persons shall sit at the upper VIPP and hence no other stand shall have any persons in attendance.
5. That further actions may be taken should there be any further violations of the GFA Matchday Protocols.
6. That all other clubs are to take note and comply strictly with the GFA Matchday Protocols.
The GFA wishes to sound a note of caution to all members (especially Premier League clubs, Division One League clubs, Women’s Premier League clubs, lower league clubs) and stakeholders that the Association will not hesitate to take action(s) to ensure strict adherence to the national COVID-19 Protocols as well as its approved GFA Matchday Protocols.
The GFA wishes to assure all Ghanaians that the Association will continue to support the national fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The Association has urged all clubs to continue with the education of all their supporters and the public on the COVID-19 protocols.
The Association will continue its engagements with all relevant stakeholders for the safety of all.
Let us be Ambassadors.